Less than two weeks from right now, I’ll be at home for the entire week of Thanksgiving…
I can’t even express how much I’m looking forward to that week. I won’t have to pack a bag or board a flight and I’ll be able to sleep in my own bed every single night.
For a couple of weeks now, my mind has been busy with plans and ideas of how to spend this precious 9 days…
- I’m already loading my Nook with wonderful books to enjoy while curled up on the sofa in front of a roaring fire.
- I’ve been collecting magazines and organizing pictures for my cool vision-board project.
- I’m scheduling interviews with potential housekeepers so that we can have someone come in to do the deep-cleaning a couple of times a month and free up more time for me on my few days at home each week.
- I finally broke down and hired an interior design firm to help finish out the dining room decor, so I expect to be doing some shopping and placing of incredibly cool items in that room.
- I plan to wake up and take long walks with my husband and our dog every day.
- I can’t wait to put our treasured flannel sheets on the bed and cuddle into them for the night, morning, afternoon, etc.
- I’ll photograph every square-inch of our backyard and screened-in porch to submit to HGTV in hopes of being selected for a fabulous backyard makeover.
- We probably won’t have a traditional turkey dinner, but I’m looking forward to finding a few new recipes to try out for the week.
Daydreaming about that week is keeping me from being grumpy about the dark and dreary Chicago weather today… so I’m definitely thankful.
What are you thankful for today?