these are some of the things that I absolutely can not live without when I’m running these days:
- Nike Dri-Fit running visor, made out of wicking material and with reflective piping. I used to run with my lucky Life is Good running hat, but my head got too hot during the summer… the visor keeps me from having to wear sunglasses, keeps the hair out of my eyes, and still allows my hot-head to get some cool breeze!
- Diamond LED head-lamp for running in the dark (or for using as a book-light at night because I’m married to a man who turns all vampire after he gets into bed and can have NO light)
- reflective SPI belt (it’s like a mini-fanny pack… who knew I’d someday be excited about that?)
- hot-pink Frogg Toggs chilly pad (during the summer only… it keeps you cool because it stays wet and cool around your neck – I didn’t think it would work, but it’s really amazing!)
- Road ID tag on my shoe, in case I drop dead from exhaustion and they need to tell Erik to collect on the life insurance policy (I ordered one for Erik also and on the extra line that is usually used for some rah-rah phrase, I had them print “my wife is hot” – haha!)
- Clif SHOT bloks (margarita flavored – of course – electrolyte chews)
- Danskin high impact jog bra… after buying tons of really expensive jog bras over the last 10 years, I found these at Wal-Mart for like $7 or something and they are the BEST I’ve ever used! Racer-back, snug support, lightly padded cups (just enough to cover any temperature or anxiety related headlights).
What are your favorite exercise goodies (doesn’t have to be for running) that you simply can not live without?