Totally off the subjects of nutrition or fitness and very much on the subject of just how weird I am… I did a bunch of spring-cleaning this morning, going through all the stuff I’ve been cramming in my closets for the past few months.
I packed away sweaters and cold-weather running gear so I could make room for the shorts, capris, and lightweight shirts I pulled out of storage. I tried stuff on as I pulled it out or packed it away, so I could decide if I really wanted to keep it anymore… and ended up with about 5 trash-bags full of clothes that I (a) no longer fit into (b) no longer like (c) really shouldn’t be caught dead in at this age. Now I’m wondering if I should have kept any of that stuff for the 80s party I’m trying to talk Erik into hosting sometime soon.
Anyway, I also went through the closet in our home-office to clear out the collection of junk that had accumulated in there… now this is where it gets weird… how many people do you know who have had the following items laying around their house for the last 6 months or more?
- a monkey in a straw hat, playing a guitar – carved out of two coconuts
- a novelty gift – “big ball of guilt… because passing on guilt to others shows you care”
- a Mr. T action figure, wearing denim overalls, orange tube socks, black sneakers, and bling around his neck
- a large ceramic pig planter (that waters the plant!)
- a pirate’s head carved out of a coconut
- a wooden pink flamingo back-scratcher
- a poseable Bionic Man doll wearing only a blue speedo
- about a half-dozen “festive headbands” for various holidays and occasions
- a 20 year old paper mache’ mask
- three packs of “Princess” paper plates
- an old school MC Hammer (before he got fat and stopped wearing harem pants) poseable action figure
- a small fish-bowl (that once held a tropical drink) from the Hula Hut in Austin, TX
I am keeping some of the items listed above…