On a pub run about a month ago, my neighbor and I were sitting at the bar after the run, getting ready to take our first drink of ice-cold beer when I said “oh shoot! I wish I had my camera so I could get pictures for my blog!”. My neighbor rolled her eyes and said “oh crap, you’re not going to be one of those people, are you?”.
Well, um, yes… I am one of those people. In fact, I’ve found that I think mostly in blog-blocks lately. Ideas or thoughts pop into my head and I think “hmm, that might make a good blog post”. But then I find that I either forget or can’t get anything good cranked out on it or whatever.
So I’ve decided to start a weekly brain-dump…
These are thoughts or ideas I’ve had recently:
- I am not a photogenic girl… at all. I hate seeing awful pictures of myself because it reinforces negative messages I’m already trying to filter out of my brain. I wish that I could get to the point where I look at crappy pictures of myself and just laugh, but I’m not sure what it takes to get there.
- I have now rubbed a worn spot into the foot-pad portion of my right running shoe. This makes the third pair I’ve done that to… what in the world is up with that? I’m right handed, maybe I’m favoring my right leg/foot in some subtle way?
- The US trademark office notified me last week that they are not granting a trademark for my current business title (Cool Chicks Active Gear) because it’s too similar to another existing business. I have until October to respond, but am currently brain-storming on new name ideas. One that I came up with (and it makes me giggle every time) is “Distance Chicks” with the slogan “Because some girls do go all the way!”. Hahaha… get it? Distance chicks? I want to train chicas for half and full marathons some day? “Go all the way”? haha? Okay, I’ll keep working on ideas. I’m guessing that name wouldn’t get me invited back to speak to the girl scouts anyway, right?
- I’m trying to figure out how to incorporate 4 hours of workouts into one day without taking 20 showers in a day. Recently, I’ve started walking to places for exercise. Like we walked up to the grocery store recently to get some allergy medicine for my husband, I walked over to the gym last week, and today – I’m walking to the library to return a book (5.5 mile round-trip). I think if I can do stuff like that, I could make them lasting habits instead of thinking that I have to go log hours at the gym in order to count it as a workout.
- Yesterday, I mindlessly ate a handful of salty ruffles chips without even realizing I was doing it. I am pretty sure I have a salt addiction… yummy, yummy salt. How do I overcome that? I’m already giving up a lot of heat-spices (like jalapenos) to preserve the lining of my aging stomach… but salt too? What’s a girl to do?
- My husband and I are celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary today. Our celebration will consist of me making greek beef stew in the crockpot and us having a glass of wine tonight while he patiently looks back through my 8 years of scrapbooks with me so that we can remember our history together. I’m really much more lucky than I deserve.
- I keep having dreams on a semi-regular basis that I am late for a flight or missed a flight by just a matter of minutes. It replays in the same setting each dream, but it’s not an airport I recognize. I recently had a dream that I missed the departure of my cruise ship. How weird is all that?
This concludes my brain-dump… feel free to comment on anything and everything!
Oh! I just posted a comment on a high-traffic blog this morning to “promote” my blog. Please police your areas because we may be having some visitors today. ha!