Flipping through the Delta Sky Magazine during my flight(s) this weekend, I came across this quick “news-flash” article on five simple steps to happiness…
- Write down three things you are grateful for each day.
- Spend five minutes each day journaling about a positive thing that happened to you.
- Meditate… take your fingers off the keyboard for a couple minutes each day and focus on your breathing.
- Perform one random act of kindness each day.
- Exercise… it creates a pattern and a belief that your actions and your behavior matter – or optimism, an important key to success.
So here’s my score-card for today…
- I’m thankful for my loving husband, my beautiful home that we’ve decided to keep even after a full-asking-price offer, and for the exciting career I have that challenges me.
- Something positive that happened today is that several methodologies and concepts I’ve been studying for the new project I’m on really started coming together for me towards the end of the day. It’s always a bit overwhelming to start a new contract and it takes a few days to hit your stride, but those lightbulbs going off for me today gave me a bit more confidence!
- I did spend a few minutes of time meditating off and on today, but realize I need to be more deliberate about it.
- This is a silly random act of kindness, but I walked into the ladies’ room at work today and realized I had hit the lou during the factory-floor’s break-time… Since they have a time constraint and I don’t, I stepped out of line and let everyone else go before me… even though I had been chugging water all morning! Haha!
- Exercise? Yes, well… 4 out of 5 is not too bad, eh? But I’m set for that making up this morning’s missed run tomorrow morning… so far.
Okay, girlies… let’s see your happiness scorecards for today!